Monday, October 15, 2012

Off to Everland!

This Saturday, I went with a group of friends to Everland, South Korea's largest theme park (with a high annual attendance, ranked at 13th in the world).  It's a mix between Sea World, Knott's Scary Farm and Disneyland -- with a zoo, water park, kid's rides, animal show, and two large rollercoasters.  Oh, and three dollar churros.  Everland also has an American Adventure section, complete with a flashing disco area and walls with old US movie posters, as well as the only burger place in the park.  (Which was a cleverly disguised Lotteria.  Sneaky Korea, sneaky.)


Everland (which unfortunately makes me think MJ's ranch before Peter Pan ) is a mad crazy crowdedlikeastreetinathirdworldcountry place to be on a Saturday or a holiday.  We went on a Saturday.  This means that more than half of our time was spent standing in lines.  Actually the ratio was probably much worse - 2 hours in line to 2 minutes on a ride - but I don't want to think about that.

Asrune and Steve pretending to be happy

We traveled to Everland from Geumchon, and it took us about three hours to navigate trains and buses.  The day after I returned, I told a Korean friend about our adventures and she told me there is a daily direct bus from Ilsan that takes an hour and a half. 

Life advice: Always consult with a local before embarking on a road trip.

Some of my favorite photos:
I took this across a crowd, but apparently they noticed.

This is what the inside of my brain looks like.

Bunny ears abounded.  Yes, all Korean children are this cute.

He blew at bubbles for 15 minutes.

Evening Everland haunted parade.


Everland gets Halloweenified during October.

I love these girls so muchos.

This makes me laugh.  I will one day convince a man to match me down to the rips in our jeans.


Care for some peanut butter roasted squid?

There were a lot of giant bows.




5 comments:

Asrune said...

Don't forget the three dollar peanut butter roasted squid snack!

Sho said...

added! :)

LlamaH said...

EVERLAND!I love the photos. Especially the one of the angered girls. haha

Emma Cole said...

I have a confession: when you type things like "crowdedlikeastreetinathirdworldcountry," I immediate skip past it without reading. My fave picture is the two girls you stalked.

Sho said...

I know...I don't think I've ever made a stranger so angry in my entire life.

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Best Web Hosting Coupons
.post img { }